25 Books I’m Thankful were Written
Inspired by the Thanksgiving holiday which you may be en route to celebrate, I offer the 25 books I’m thankful were written.
- The Bible
- Freedom Train by Dorothy Sterling
- Inside Out and Back Again by Thanhha Lai
- Hamlet by William Shakespeare
- Number the Stars by Lois Lowry
- This Present Darkness by Frank E. Peretti
- The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein
- The Monster at the End of the Book by Jon Stone
- I am a Frog by Mo Willems
- Wonderstruck by Brian Selznick
- Bud, Not Buddy by Christopher Paul Curtis
- The Cat Who … by Lilian Jackson Braun
- House Arrest and Rhyme Schemer by K.A. Holt
- I Funny: A Middle School Story by James Patterson
- The One and Only Ivan by Katherine Applegate
- Unglued by Lysa Terkeurst
- Marley and Me by John Grogan
- Wonder by R.J. Palacio
- Okay for Now by Gary D. Schmidt
- The Greedy Triangle by Marilyn Burns
- The True Story of the Three Little Pigs by Jon Scieszka
- Clementine by Sara Pennypacker
- The Hundred Dresses by Eleanor Estes
- The Bear Snores On by Karma Wilson
- The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Schaffer
That was hard. Really hard to stop at 25. I’d love to hear about the books you are thankful were written.
And the three that I’m truly grateful for are not published yet, but they have taught me oh so very much.
And when you come out of your turkey coma, your keyboard will be ready for you.